Skip to content
Helpful Storage Tips to Optimize your Space
- -Utilize the Front: Keep items that you use frequently near the front of your unit for easy access.
- -Diagram: Draw a simple diagram of where you have placed your items.
- -Protect: Use special designed covers when available for furniture, mattresses, etc.
- -Stack Up: Utilize all of your space by stacking high towards the ceiling – heavy on bottom, lighter on top.
- -Reach Safely: Use and keep a stool in your unit to reach the higher stacked items.
- -Appliance Storage: Leave doors open a crack to ventilate and use the inside space to store smaller items – Think multi taskers.
- -Ventilation: Leave some air space between the walls and your stored items.
- -Trash your Tools: Store garden tools (rakes, hoes, hoses etc) in empty trash cans. Stack cans inside each other.
- -Drain it: Drain any oil or gas containing tool (think lawn mower, generator) before storing to prevent odors.
- -Just in Case: Have an extra Emergency Preparedness Kit in case your home is inaccessible.